Your late for an appointment, running vigorously, and just realized you are hungry and haven’t eaten lunch. You look around and the only place you can find quickly is McDonalds. What do you do?
Your mind says no, it’s not healthy food. Your stomach says yes, it’s time to eat. It is either going without food, or grabbing something quickly at McDonalds. What about all the negative exposure regarding McDonalds nutrition information?
You make the decision to grab something so your mind is clear for your big appointment. Now what? Burgers, McNuggets, fries, shakes, salads all confuse you as the best nutritional choice.
After reviewing the current McDonalds nutrition facts, I have decided to make it easier for consumer to make intelligent choices by listing my McDonalds „Best Choice Awards.“ Please remember, you do have a choice. Mickey D’s has made an attempt to offer some healthier alternatives to choose from. It is your responsibility to make that intelligent choice.
My biggest concern when analyzing the McDonalds nutrition facts was the amount of artery clogging saturated fat found in each item. I also paid close attention to the amount of calories found in each item.
Please note, there are healthier items found on their menu than in the past, but overall, it is not like eating brown rice and steamed vegetables. I am listing all the foods below in the „not too bad“ category.
Here is my list of the McDonalds „best choice awards.“ The choice is yours!
1. Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich 2g saturated fat / 420 calories
2. Chicken McNugget (4 piece) 2 g saturated fat / 170 calories
3. Fruit and Walnut Salad 2 g saturated fat / 310 calories
4. Caesar Salad (without chicken) 2.5 g saturated fat / 90 calories
** Beware of the saturated fat in the dressing. The best dressing offered
is the Newman’s Own Cobb Dressing.
5. Caesar with grilled chicken 3 g saturated fat / 220 calories
6. Chicken McNuggets (6 piece) 3 g saturated fat / 250 calories
7. Premium Spicy Chicken Sandwich 3 g saturated fat / 510 calories
8. Premium Crispy Chicken Classic Sandwich 3 g saturated fat / 500 cal.
9. McChicken 3.5 g saturated fat / 370 calories
10. Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips (3 pc) 3.5 sat. / 140 cal.
11. Bacon Ranch Salad without chicken 3.5 sat. / 180 cal.
12. Hamburger 3.5 g sat. / 260 cal.
13. Premium Grilled Chicken Ranch Sandwich 4 g sat. / 490 cal.
14. Filet of Fish 4 g sat. / 400 cal.
15. Best dessert is Fruit and Yogurt
For a complete list of all McDonalds nutrition information for its whole menu visit http://www.WellnessWord.com/blog .
Choose foods that have the lowest calories with the lowest saturated fat. Watch out of extras such as high calorie, sugar loaded soft drinks, and large amounts of salad dressing.
Now you can make good healthy choices and not feel guilty if you decide to grab something quickly at McDonalds. McDonalds nutrition is not all bad. The choice is yours!
*** Attention: Ezine Editors / Website Owners ***
Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine, Blog, Autoresponder, or on your website as long as the links, and resource box are not altered in any way.
Jim O’Connor – Exercise Physiologist / The Fitness Promoter
Copyright (c) – Wellness Word, LLC
9461 Charleville Blvd. #312
Beverly Hills, CA 90212